eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

eleven stories high

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

It's a Love Hate Sort of Thing

saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

It's a Love Hate Sort of Thing - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a Love Hate Sort of Thing

Post by saikami Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Rowen certainly seemed to like the idea of scuba diving, especially early in the morning when the sun was just starting to rise. "I'll watch the sunrise over the ocean, thanks." She said with a smile. It wasn't like she was afraid of scuba diving or anything, just the idea of being deep under water with nothing between you and air made Dani...a little uncomfortable. She did like swimming though, it was just when she was too deep to be able to swim up if she ran out of air, that was the issue.

As the waitress came by, Dani once again thanked her for the food. She did catch onto the fact that the waitress was borderline flirting with her, to which she flashed the woman a grin. "Oh, alright." She said, eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief, "I'll let you know, dear."

Her grin only grew as the waitress left and she noticed Rowen roll her eyes. "What? It's not like I started it, that was all her." She said, taking her fork and knife and started carving into her steak. "So you can't go blaming me." Not that she minded being flirted with, actually, she was quite open about the whole idea.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

It's a Love Hate Sort of Thing - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a Love Hate Sort of Thing

Post by SoSpeechless Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm

"You'd like it," she said with a shrug. "If you tried it. It gets addicting. Not that I'm inviting you." She wasn't, not really. Company would be nice, but certainly not the company of Lia's best friend. Dani was not the type of person she spent her time with. No, likely she'd just go alone. It was unlikely her sister had anything wedding-ie planned for sunrise.

Once the waitress had left their table, Rowen lifted a brow. "Did I accuse you of starting anything, Danielle?" she asked rhetorically. "I certainly have eyes. She did indeed start that lovely little eyefuck. Just my luck I'd be seated with a dyke and the one lesbian staff member would be the one to serve us. Just figures. If you disappear in the bathroom and the waitress doesn't show up, I'm abandoning you." She stabbed her fork accusingly in the other woman's direction. "I'm not about to wait around while you have lesbian sex in the kitchen supply closet."
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 pm

"Thanks, but no thanks." Dani bit into her steak. "Maybe I'll go skydiving, now that would be fun, and beautiful. The idea of skydiving excited Danielle, she always wanted to fly, and that was basically as close as you could get to actually flying. The wind blowing through your hair and on your face, the view...oh, it sounded lovely.

At the sex in the closet comment, Dani almost choked on her food laughing. "Aww, why not?" She asked, grin growing, "All I'd need is an hour or two." The twenty-three year old shook her head with another laugh before finishing off her beer. "Really, I wouldn't fuck her today, let alone at her work." She stated flatly, "We just met." Dani felt a need to say that, mostly because the idea of lesbian sex made Rowen uncomfortable, and she knew it. "Then again...she is really cute..." A pause, for the effect. "Now that you mention it, it would be a good start to the vacation." She really wouldn't, but this was just oh so much fun.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm

the black-haired girl looked absolutely horrified when Dani spoke of actually doing anything with the waitress. She was certain the girl was joking, trying to get another rise out of her, but she couldn't help the flush of embarrassment that overtook her face. Flags of color warmed her cheekbones, pink ribbons of mortification that showed she was, perhaps, just a bit naive when it came to sexual exploits.

"I'm afraid I wouldn't very much like telling mother we missed the limo because you were fucking our waitress, so that option is out for now. You'll just have to... get her number or something if you're looking for a little lesbian nookie." She forked up a bite of lemon chicken, eyes dancing away. Obviously she was a bit unnerved by the discussion because she went silent, eating her meal without looking at Danielle.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 am

The look of horror on Rowen's face had made Dani's day, it was just so funny! How the younger woman got so flustered, Dani couldn't help but to grin almost evilly. She was tempted to go on, and almost did, but figured if she got Rowen too worked up, she might actually try to kill her with her fork, and being killed wasn't on her agenda for this vacation, unless, of course, it was a video game. "I guess I can settle with a number..." She fake moped, "I wouldn't want your mother getting into a tizzy because I held up the limo for some lesbian action."

Seeing Rowen all flustered was actually sort of... cute. Wait. Dani shook her head. Did she really just think that? Rowen was never cute, just evil. Thinking she was cute was just wrong on so many levels; maybe the beer was stronger in Hawaii and had effected her thoughts? Yup, that was probably it. No more beer for day, actually, that was a lie, she'd probably have another one later, but for now, she just focused on eating her food.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:40 pm

For the remainder of the meal, Rowen decided conversation was unnecessary. So she kept quiet, frowning down at her plate as she ate her chicken- which was, in fact, really good. She'd just suddenly lost her appetite, that was all. Towards the end of the meal, she was left scraping her fork through the remaining lemon sauce on her plate. A bad habit from childhood that only ever happened when she was feeling particularly uncomfortable, as her mother had trained her out of it for the most part. When she realized she was doing it, she set the fork on top of the plate and shoved them both aside.

The waitress returned a few minutes later with that same damned smile in place. Rowen had to fight the urge to tell her to fuck off. God, how irritating. "Enjoy your meals, ladies?" she questioned lightly. "Can I get you two anything else?"

"Just the bill," Rowen said coolly. "And if you would stop flirting with Danielle and do your job, that would be greatly appreciated."

The waitress' smile faltered slightly, her expression turning apologetic. "S-sorry," she managed, combing a hand through her hair as she looked between them. Her voice dipped lower when she spoke again. "It's just nice, you know, seeing people like us. Umm, you know, in the open, dating, having lunch."

Rowen, who'd just taken a gulp of her second - maybe third - glass of wine, choked and coughed. Pressing a hand to her chest, she pointed across the table at Dani. "She's the lesbo, not me. We aren't dating. You're in your own little club there, I'm afraid."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed..." The waitress smiled again and bit her lip. "Well. I'll get your bill, then. One moment." And she disappeared again, leaving Rowen looking stunned and irritated.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Dani had finished her plate quickly, and spent the remainder of the time looking out the window at the view. It really was lovely, and Dani was half tempted to just press herself up against the glass to get a better look around, much like a child would do. As the waitress came by, Dani's attention obviously shifted to her. The twenty-three year old was pretty oblivious to Rowen's irritation, and when the younger snapped, Dani's eyes grew wide and her grin dropped into a slight pout. Well, that wasn't very nice of Rowen, now was it?

She turned back to the waitress to give an apology for Rowen's rude attitude, but as the waitress explained herself, Dani couldn't help but to let out a laugh. "Don't worry," she said to the waitress, "we don't want her in our 'club'." Her grin was back in place as if it had never been knocked down.

When the waitress walked off, Dani shot a glance over to Rowen. "What? The idea of us flirting bother you?" That damn smirk grew, "Jealous or something?"
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Rowen scowled across at her sister's friend. "You wish. The sight of you flirting bothers me. It's gross. I don't need that picture in my head." Jealous? Her, jealous of their flirting? Why would she be? They weren't a couple. She didn't even like Dani. And she wasn't gay! No, she just didn't want to be a witness to their flirting and possible hook-up plans. Was that so wrong? It made her uncomfortable, the whole lesbian thing. It was awkward, sitting there while the waitress flirted with her sister's best friend. As awkward as it would be had she been eating with a male friend and the waitress did the same thing.

Still, the comment had her silent when the girl returned and placed their bill on the table. She continued to drink her wine, not bothering to look to the server as she looked between the pair. "Well, I hope you enjoyed your meal. Please, the next tim you fly, choose Sky View for your meal between flights or after your arrival. We have restaurants in various scenic destinations. We're owned by-"

"Fitzgerald Hotels," Rowen cut in, rolling her eyes. "I know. My father's people sign your checks." She smirked across at Dani and grabbed her purse, digging out the debit card from her wallet.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

"Aha, suuure." Dani couldn't contain her laughter at the other woman. She ran a hand through her hair, straightening it up a bit. "We all know you secretly want some lesbian action." She teased, but also went silent until the waitress had returned. Even if Rowen hated it, Dani continued to smile just as sweetly at the waitress, hoping to silently explain to her to just ignore everything that Rowen said and forgive her. As the waitress spoke, she nodded politely. Not that she'd ever go to Sky View again, one meal there was too expensive as it was. Although, it'd possibly be worth it to see this particular girl again...

She was cut from her thoughts just like how the waitress was cut off from finishing her sentence as Rowen interrupted. The girl's eyes went wide, she should have known the place was owned by the Fitzgeralds! Dani let out a groan, glaring at Rowen. Saying something like that was a threat, and not to mention wrong. "Don't be such a bitch..." She growled, pulling out her own wallet and tossing her debit card onto the bill.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Rowen rolled her eyes. That was certainly far from the truth. Why would she want to be a lesbian when she was perfectly happy with her guys? It was easier being straight. She was attracted to men and could probably have whichever guy she so desired. The assumption was foolish. "Don't make me vomit up my perfectly good lunch," she muttered. She didn't blush this time, but she was embarrassed. Dani was good at that.

She'd settled back into her element when the waitress returned, the rich heiress from an influential Catholic family. Hoteliers from old money. The control was back in her hands and Rowen was feeling a bit better as she pulled her debit card free- at least until Dani spoke to her again. Eyes snapping up, the black-haired woman focused on the other woman with her lips parted in shock. "I'm not being a bitch!" The debit card fell on top of the bill beside the other. "I'm being honest. I know the spiel. 'We're owned by Fitzgerald Hotels, the number one chosen hotel for vacations and business alike. Please think Fitzgerald for your stay. Have a nice day.' Am I right?" She looked to the waitress, but didn't wait for the nod of agreement before leaning forward across the table to glare at Dani.

"I'm a Fitzgerald, Danielle. I know how and where we push our hotels. I was saving this fine employee some time. Of course, you've ruined that, haven't you? Now I've had to explain myself." She sat back again, crossing her legs again. "Next time I'll let you get Burger King. You're horrible company to keep. So rude." Turning her head, the female smiled cheerfully at the waitress as the woman hesitantly picked up the bill and the cards to charge their purchase. "I apologize for my companion's disgraceful language."

"Umm... No problem," the waitress said slowly, stepping away from their table and slowly turning to go ring up their cards.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Dani held back a groan as she leaned back in her chair. "Was it necessary to add 'my father signs your pay checks'?" She asked, and when quoting the other girl, she changed her voice to sound similar to Rowen's. "That's basically a threat in itself." Dani crossed her arms and let out a sigh. She had almost forgot that they were in Hawaii for a moment. Wasn't this supposed to be a vacation, with relaxing days and all that stuff? Yet here she was, arguing with Rowen like it was a normal day. Boy, that girl could be so annoying at times.

As the waitress turned away, Dani felt a bit sorry that she had to deal with their crap. She didn't mean any harm, after all. "Oh, so you make me look bad and hit on her?" Dani rolled her eyes, but that grin tugged at her lips slightly. Even if she was pissed, she could still accuse Rowen of being a lesbian, it was fun. At least, it was more fun than just sitting around and being grumpy about the situation.

Dani glanced at her watch to check the time, they still had a little bit before they were to be picked up and brought to the hotel. She let out a groan, it felt like it had been twice the amount of time that had passed by. At least when they got to the hotel, Dani could better ignore Rowen instead of being stuck with here the entire time. Rowen would go off and do her own thing, and so would Dani. And that was the beauty in vacations.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Rowen hissed out a breath, looking around to make sure no one was paying them too close attention. Luckily the seating areas were spaced far apart and there were no patrons particularly close to them. "I wasn't hitting on her," she said back, the color returning to her face even as the irritation sparked in her eyes. "I was being polite. Only you would confuse kindness for flirtation. Jesus." she sat back again, frowning even as the other woman grinned. God, she'd done it again. Pushed her buttons and gotten a rise out of her. Bitch.

"I know this is hard to believe, Danielle, but not every girl in the world is a lesbian. In fact, most aren't. I know you're wishing desperately I swung that way, but it's not going to happen. So give up." Now it was she whose lips twitched up into a small smile. Almost sickening how much they enjoyed hating each other.

The waitress returned for the last time, giving them their cards and their receipts. "Well, ladies. Umm, have a nice day and enjoy your vacation." And she started back to front podium to greet more patrons.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 am

Dani just continued to grin at Rowen's frustration. They really did love to hate each other, that was for sure. Although, when Rowen started commenting on how apparently Dani wanted her, the young adult just rolled her eyes. She was about to say something back, but the waitress returned with their receipts and cards. Dani reached forward, grabbing them as she pulled out her wallet. Glancing at the receipt, a huge grin formed upon her lips.

Quickly, Dani put away her card and shoved her wallet back into her back pocket, but kept the receipt in her hand. "Well, well..." she smirked, turning the small paper around to show Rowen the short note scribbled on it, at the bottom of the note was a phone number. "Lucky me~" She folded the receipt and put it into her pocket before the other girl had a chance to get a good look at it. "Maybe I will get some over vacation." She laughed lightly, "So, are we ready to go?"
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Rowen slid her own card back into her wallet, her eyes skimming up to Dani again in time to see the big smile the other woman displayed. "What are you grinning about?" she asked with a roll of her pale eyes, straightening up and stepping away from the table. When Dani flashed the scribbled note at her and she caught the vague impression of a phone number, a brow winged up. "Well. How very tacky of her. A waitress giving out her number in a nice restaurant like it's a singles' bar. This is undoubtedly not the profession for her." Maybe she'd get some? Rowen's cheeks warmed at the implication. Yet another image provided by her companion that she'd rather not have in her head.

Hooking her bag back over her shoulder, Rowen motioned towards the door. "Let's go," she said in agreement, frowning at the waitress as they passed her. The young woman was busy with a client and so missed the disapproving glance of the Fitzgerald heiress. Once outside the restaurant, the dark-haired woman remembered they were still stranded at the airport. What to do now? "Where to?" Why should she decide? She'd picked their lunch place.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 am

Dani grinned, "I don't mind, that's for sure." She said, shrugging slightly, "I mean, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do." That was somewhat true, being gay really made it harder to find dates, so she didn't blame the waitress at all, it was just Rowen who didn't understand that. The woman stood, following Rowen out of the restaurant. She didn't catch the other glaring at the waitress, but she somewhat assumed she would anyway. Actually, Dani would probably be shocked if Rowen didn't at least glare at the poor girl.

Once they exited, Dani raised her eyebrows at Rowen. "How am I supposed to know how to pass time in an airport?" She asked, pouting slightly. "Wasn't it my idea to get food? It's your turn to choose." Honestly, Dani disliked making most decisions, so if she could pass the responsibility onto Rowen for the time being, then she would, even if she had the chance of later regretting it. But it couldn't be that bad, right? It's not like they could kill each other in an airport, it was too much of a public place.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Rowen rolled her eyes, some sound of exasperation escaping. "I chose where to eat, and it was certainly better than anything you would have gone to otherwise." Still, she shrugged and stood looking thoughtfully out over the airport. There wasn't a lot to do. "I can call my mother, have her contact the driver so we can get picked up at the beach. Or we can go shopping or something. I don't know." She didn't want to go shopping with the brunette. That wasn't a good idea at all. Yet they couldn't just continue to sit here doing nothing.

Without waiting for an agreement - her choice, after all; her car and her call - Rowen took out her phone and dialed her mother. There was a quickly muttered conversation before she slid it shut again and started for the doors. "Come on, Danielle. We'll catch a cab outside and ride over. The driver will meet us in about an hour." She walked on ahead, led the way to the main doors and out once more into the Hawaiian heat. It wasn't hard to get a cab and she directed him to the closest open strip of beach before settling back in the seat.
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:46 am

"Really...us, shopping together?" Danielle laughed, now that would be a funny sight to see, but apparently the black-haired girl also deemedt hat an idiotic idea. Dani rolled her eyes as Rowen complained about choosing, but at least the slightly younger woman did make a decision in the end. She watched Rowen end the call and start heading for the doors and decided to follow. "You know..." she started, stepping out into the dry, hot air, "We could always just take the cab to the hotel. Ever think of that one?" She smiled sweetly while climbing into the taxi.

It wasn't that she had anything against the beach, no...that was not the problem at all. It was just, she would rather enjoy the beach without Rowen around. She just spoiled all the fun. That, and she didn't have her bathing suit, and it wouldn't be wise running into the water with a white shirt on. Well...at least she could kick off her sneakers and walk up to her knees or something, and maybe Rowen would...go do something else. "Do you know how to surf?" She questioned randomly. Dani liked silence...at times, and this wasn't one of those times.
    SoSpeechless
    SoSpeechless
    Newcomer

Post by SoSpeechless Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 pm

"The hotel is too far away. That would be a pointless extra expense." She rolled her eyes at the other woman. "The nearest strip of beach is only ten minutes from here.If I'm going to drive an hour to anywhere, it's not going to be in a cab. No offense," she added for the driver's sake. He only grunted in response and continued driving. Turning in the seat so her back pressed against the door, Rowen studied her companion. She didn't like the woman, that was for certain. What did Lia see in her? She'd be damned if she knew.

"Surf?" The question caught her off-guard and she laughed slightly, shaking her head. Would she ever get over how fucking random this girl was? "A bit, yes. Not well enough, I'm afraid, to stay on the board more than two seconds. I prefer swimming and diving to trying to defy God by skimming over the top. The last I tried, I was perhaps eighteen. Why, do you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 am