eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

eleven stories high

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

{for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see.

minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

{for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see. Empty {for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see.

Post by minusthecare Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:32 pm

9:47pm. He'd been out for five hours, surrounded by men drenched with cheap aftershave and chugging beers like nobody's business. Strobe was a crusty old bar with sticky counter tops and the occasional, trashy stripper, depending on whether the manager was in the mood for a few more locals. Despite how much time in total he really spent in these places, the ideas in Isaac Rayn's head had a lot more class than this. He often dreamt of pricey champagne and smart suits, the ability to get all the posh girls he wanted and their money too, but life wasn't that simple, or easy and the city was a tough place.

Nonetheless, he was thought to be quite a handsome guy. A little more soft-faced than some expected when they heard of his reputation. When he didn't shave for days, even he stubble around his face complimented his light features. Other than that, personal hygiene never went a miss. He showered often and took his clothes to the dry cleaners last minute. But the state of his apartment was fairly poor, and it didn't help that he hardly had any furniture.

In his eyes, this was the result or having a bad mother, whereas she often argued that he was plain lazy and should have stayed in school. Isaac didn't see her any more, and she couldn't have cared less. He dropped out when he was seventeen and lived with his friend for a while, and that's when she decided it wasn't her duty to care for him any more. Since then, he worked - and currently so - in his friend's dad's record store where the pay was tight but it paid the rent with papers to spare. Let's just say he was hardly rolling in it, and that had him a little sour.

Life wasn't unbearable, because he was still pushing through. Twenty-one years old and he had his own place. He wasn't doing that bad, was he? Okay so, he did some drugs here and there, and the people he spent his days with weren't exactly the greatest role models of all time. Even though he wasn't living with his friend any more, work was what kept them in contact, and Isaac had managed to make a friends with a few of his friend's dad's. That was how things were, and even if he didn't embrace it, he accepted it.

9:05pm. Isaac stepped casually off the train and onto the platform, worming his way through people until he reached the stairs that brought him up and out into the heart of the city. It was a twenty minute bus ride from here to home, so by the time he was pushing his way into the shabby apartment block he lived in, the time was 9:30pm. One key of many was brandished and shoved into the lock. He turned his wrist and released the lock, pushing his way into what was his home. The door was kicked closed with a lazy backwards extension of his leg, and Isaac threw his keys to the kitchen counter once he'd kicked of his shoes and emerged from the dark hall.

"I'm home." The male called out, the tone of his voice reading nothing else other than bored, and most probably disappointed. He lifted his hand of long, ivory fingers and rushed them through his mess of blonde, shaggy hair like the the teeth of a comb. Icy blue eyes of his scanned his environment, noticing the television was still on and the air was pretty damp, pretty cold.

"Couldn't you have put the heating on, at least." Isaac wasn't crazy, and he certainly wasn't talking to himself. And this is where the very last remaining puzzle piece of his life came in.

isaac
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

{for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see. Empty Re: {for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see.

Post by jacq Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:03 am

The day had been typical, he got up early and left before Isaac was awake. He made sure to stay quiet enough so that he didn’t wake the other, then he made his way out into the city. He worked at a small bookstore down the street where he stocked books on shelves, and did inventory. Tyler sort of enjoyed his job since it was easy, and it gave an eight dollar an hour paycheck. He worked eight to five every day except for Sunday when the store was closed. At five he helped close up, and then made the walk back to the empty apartment in order to wait for Isaac to come home from work.

He could cook a few things, and tonight was one night that he was going to fix some spaghetti. He had waited to start it until nine, so his own stomach was growling quite a lot since he hadn’t ate anything since his one o’clock lunch break, but he didn’t want to eat without Isaac. That would be rude, and his roommate would probably not be happy about it. Tyler knew that Isaac’s happiness was something very rare, so he wanted to do whatever he could to maybe help the other smile. He had such a beautiful smile.

Tyler had commented many times that Isaac could probably get a modeling job somewhere, because not only was he a gorgeous man but he could look so intense without even trying. Tyler used to take a lot of pictures when he first started living with Isaac, and he had the photos in an album under his bed. He had stopped taking pictures after Isaac got annoyed with it, but he would look at them sometimes and would almost always bring up the modeling idea. Then Isaac wouldn’t have to work in that dirty bar anymore.

In his distracted train of thought Tyler burnt his hand a little on the stovetop while heating up the sauce, and tried to run some cold water on it before he wrapped it up in a little bit of gauze that they had in their bathroom. It still hurt, but it was sort of a dull pain right now. In the time it had taken him to fix his hand the sauce had nearly bubbled over so he was trying to clean that up and checking on the spaghetti noodles at the same time. He turned his head a little when he heard the door open and he smirked just a little, but then winced at mention of the heat.

“I tried to turn it on, but I think the thermostat’s broken. I called the landlord and he said he’d look at it tomorrow.” Tyler said from inside the kitchen. “How was your day?” he asked curiously while draining the water from the noodles and put them back into the pot before turning off the stove again and began to mix the sauce into the noodles. It smelled pretty good if he did say so himself.

Tyler
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

{for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see. Empty Re: {for jacq} this city has nothing for us, you'll see.

Post by minusthecare Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

Uninterested, Isaac rolled his eyes at the mention of their landlord. He was a prick and that certainly wasn't going to change. "I suppose we're going to have to sort it out ourselves, then." He sighed, placing his hands on the counter before him, the one that separated the living room and the kitchen, looking over to where Tyler fussed with the pots of food cooking. He glanced over the other for a moment, somewhat annoyed at how the other was efficient when it came to housekeeping. Isaac didn't care about whether there was food on the table when he got home, but for some reason Tyler thought it mattered. "What are you cooking?" Was his next question, moving around the counter now so that he could get a closer look: pasta and sauce, it seemed.

Standing behind Tyler, he slipped his arms slowly around the boys waist and pressed his nose into the side of the other's neck as he peered into the pots. "Smells good." He exhaled softly and retracted his arms, standing straight. "I'm not that hungry though, so I might not eat much." Isaac's routine was always the same when he returned home. He paid Tyler attention and probably watched TV for a while, but after that he either slept or took a shower. In his eyes, their relationship was...casual. Nothing special, but he didn't tell Tyler that. He rarely told the other anything. And all those things about him becoming a model? Isaac didn't like the idea of it. But then...Tyler was always full of silly dreams. "Get up to much today?"
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 pm

"Nothing much. It's just spaghetti." Tyler said softly and visibly jumped a little when he felt the other behind him. He was always a little jumpy, and he had been focusing on not flopping noodles out of the pot so adding a bit of distraction made him more prone to being startled. He smiled at the compliment and he shrugged a little, "I would hope so...I mean Prego is all about advertising the flavor." he said and pointed towards the trashcan where the empty jar was now, "And you don't have to worry about eating too much right now if you don't want to. That'll just leave some leftovers."

If Tyler had close friends besides Isaac they would have probably told him about how Isaac was not nearly as committed to this as he was, but he didn't. Not only that, but Tyler was an optimist and tried to find the good in every situation. If Isaac wasn't as open as other times then it was probably just a bad day at work or something. Sure, Tyler would like to know more about the other young man, but...well...he wasn't going to press the issue. He used to do that, and Isaac would get annoyed with his questions. The past was the past, apparently. He was just glad that he could be around Isaac in the present, and maybe for a while into the future? He didn't know for certain, but he did have his dreams.

Tyler dished out some of the spaghetti onto a couple of plates, and also had some garlic bread. He set it on the table with a little smirk before looking back at Isaac again, "Do you want to sit at the table or on the couch? Spaghetti is pretty easy to eat..." he said gently and his head cocked to the side just a little as if he were trying to figure out where it would be best to eat at. Tyler was not a quick decision maker...
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 pm

"The table's fine, Ty." Isaac sighed, taking a seat with the intention of eating as little as he could. He was like that sometimes. He didn't like the idea of giving the other the satisfaction by eating what he had cooked. And yes, sometimes things like that was the result of him having a bad day at work. It wasn't exactly the greatest of all places to spend your day, or evening, and sometimes Isaac even considered that stupid model idea. He scooped up a fork in his hand and traced a little pattern on the table lightly with the teeth. "So...I don't know, I'm thinking about getting a new job." The older male thought aloud, looking down at the surface of the table as he spoke to Tyler. Although it was rare that he shared anything with the other, when he did come around to it, he was genuinely looking for Tyler's advice.

Isaac stood up from the table and wandered towards the sink as he awaited Tyler's input. Two glasses were taken from an upper cupboard, set on the counter for the time being, as Isaac ventured into the fridge to pull out a jug of juice. Setting that on the table, he went back for the glasses and took them over to the table as well. One was pushed towards Tyler, and the other was drawn close to himself. "I guess I can do better than what I've got." He continued, pouring them both beverages. "Are you sure that job in...um, the bookstore...think that's going anywhere?"
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Tyler was eating quietly and looked up with his eyebrows raised a bit when Isaac spoke and he blinked in slight surprise. "You are?" he asked then smirked a little and drank some of the juice given to him. "What kind of new job are you thinking about?" he asked curiously now and had stopped eating to focus a bit more on what Isaac was talking about. This was a rare moment after all.

"The bookstore is okay, I guess. I'm not planning on doing stock and inventory for the rest of my life, though. It's a good way to make a little money, and it's not very stressful." Tyler said and looked over to the side a moment before nodding and looking back at Isaac, "What are you wanting to look into? I could help you look through the job adds..." He felt good that Isaac was telling him this now instead of if he had come home next week sometime and said he had quit his job at the bar suddenly. Ty didn't really have the capacity to go with the flow like some people did. Things caught him off guard a lot, and would throw him off. When that happened it was easy to see that he was flustered.

Strange considering that the occupation that he wanted to go into was one that could easily catch a person off guard...
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 pm

He listened for what seemed like the longest time, then he lifted his gaze from the table and watched, the rim of the glass to his lips and he finally took a sip. "Don't know." Isaac murmured when his mouthful or drink was swallowed. "Anything, I guess. Must be something where I can earn more money than I am." He'd always thought that the bookstore job suited Tyler. He was kind of quiet and comfortable where ever, it seemed. Something so boring would have driven him crazy. Within the time he'd stopped talking, Isaac stared across the table as Tyler, a soft stare, nothing too intimidating; he was merely observing. He often thought of where he wanted to go with Tyler. Did the other love him, perhaps? Did he even like him as more than just a friend?

"Do you ever think about...us?"
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Tyler had started taking a bite while nodding at what Isaac said, but stopped at the last question. He'd never been asked that by the other...never. Of course he thought about it! Who wouldn't if they were in that sort of limbo relationship that he had with Isaac. However, such words didn't come out. He wasn't sure how to word them without sounding like an absolute idiot or a nutcase. To be honest, that question scared him a little, because even if Ty was naive at times and sometimes a bit gullible he worried that Isaac just sort of...put up with him as it were. He also knew what such a relationship meant for Isaac. He knew enough about the other's past to know that relationships had not gone well.

He put down his fork a moment, took a drink, then focused on Isaac again, "Yea...I do...I mean...sometimes. Do you?"

LAME. LAME. LAME. LAME!

Tyler wondered why his brain chose the worst moments not to function correctly.
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Although Tyler had put down his fork to pay the other his full attention, Isaac had not yet dared to try and keep solid eye contact, so he dropped his eyes back down to his plate where he poked with his fork at his food. Yes, it was very rare that they had conversations like this, so he didn't blame Tyler for hanging on to his every word. "...Yeah." He murmured, nodding his head a little too. "I do..." He was trying his hardest not to add in a 'but'. Isaac didn't think that Tyler deserved to be left with the sort of worry 'but' could bring upon a person. "Most of the time," he continued to confess. "I can see us being together for a while longer, and I never think that with any relationship I'm in."

What he had with Tyler was most definitely the most stable relationship he'd been in for as long as he could remember. It had only been a couple years ago that he'd finally accepted being homosexual, and with the way Isaac had been since he was young, there was no way he would have been able to stay with someone longer than, at least, a week. "I guess I want to move jobs because I want to make a future with us, you know?" Finally finding the courage to do so, Isaac looked back up at Tyler and lowered his fork to the table, his hands retreating to rest in his lap. "I'm just...sorry I'm not that open with you as you are with me."
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Tyler continued to listen, and he really couldn't help but smile again. He had been pretty much a loner for most of his life as well. Not neglected or anything, but content to being a middle child in a dysfunctional family. He'd had a few friends in high school, but never a relationship which was most likely why he was so cautious but also open with Isaac. He had come out in high school which hadn't really bothered his friends or family. None of them seemed to mind either way, although it made his father a little uncomfortable. It made it easier that he didn't really 'date' as it were.

At the rest of Isaac's little confession he nodded a little while a very slight blush crept up his cheeks, and smiled once again when Isaac looked up at him finally. He gave a very little shrug, "I've never held it against you. It's just how you are, but I'm glad you are opening up just a little more. You can trust me with anything you want to, Zach." He said softly and he could feel his heart hammering in his chest as he was trying to keep his nervousness inside. This wasn't a subject he had been prepared for, but it did make him nervous in an excited way.
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Isaac didn't think that he would have been happy enough to smile or anything, but when he say Tyler's, he knew that he wouldn't be able to stop the small smile that did grace his own lips. It was a relief, if anything, to see Tyler react that way, and it definitely gave him the reassurance that for once in his life, something that was important to him would work out. "Okay," he breathed, nodding a little more to himself as he looked down at his plate for a third time, not sure if he'd be able to eat any more. A strange feeling, a sure mixture of excitement and fear, occupied his stomach now. He didn't know what else to say, and it was always said that actions spoke louder than words.

Standing carefully from his seat, Isaac made his way over to kneel beside Tyler's chair where from the floor he stared up at him. "Okay, cool." The older male finalized, a more confident smile on his face now. Grasping Tyler's chin gently within his fingers, he leaned up to connect their lips in a soft, maybe even nervously too, kiss.
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

He wasn't sure if anything else needed to be said, so he just stayed quiet. Isaac appeared to be processing this, and Tyler was patient. He had to admit that he loved to see Isaac smile. It was almost more rare than the other opening up and expressing himself as he had only moments ago. Tyler wasn't sure if he could handle all of this at once with how Isaac was acting, but he liked it...

Tyler was worried his heart was going to jump out of his throat at the kiss, but he soon relaxed into it and tentatively let his thin fingers gingerly run through some of Isaac's hair in order to let his fingers curve around to the back of the other's head where his neck met his hair and stayed there. He let out a soft contented sigh into the kiss, and for a moment wondered if he had melted in his chair or not. His face felt hot, and he was sure he was blushing more now than before. Tyler's face was very expressive even with emotions that usually didn't show on others' faces.
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:37 pm

For him, this was strange. When did he ever let anyone close to him physically, let alone close to his heart. Isaac knew that he was stiff, and he'd recently decided that with Tyler, it was time to make a change. It wasn't fair to let his unfortunate past shape his future. He was going to do this with Tyler. Pulling back gently, Isaac exhaled softly, at the same time shedding most of the worry he'd accumulated throughout the day when he'd thought about how to say all of this. Isaac lifted a hand to take hold of the one that Tyler had placed around the back of his neck. Bringing it round to where he could see it, he pressed a kiss to his knuckles and stood once more, moving around to take a seat in his chair.

The fork was taken up in his hand again, and he managed another mouthful.
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Tyler looked more than a bit dazed after the kiss was over, and he took those few seconds that Isaac kissed his hand and moved back to his seat in order to catch his breath. His heart was still thudding in his chest, and now he had what felt like an entire field full of butterflies in his stomach flying around.

His hand moved mechanically to pick up his fork, but the dexterity in his fingers was not working well enough in order to use. A smile was still plastered to his face, but he soon regained his composure enough to calm down and continue eating.

ooc: wow...short...XD Sorry.
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Dinner was soon done with being eaten and Isaac help washed the plates; it was the very least he could after having Tyler cook dinner. Rinsing off the last dish, he staked it on the draining board to dry and snatched up a kitchen towel to dry his hands. After the table was cleared and the television was switched off, Isaac disappeared into the bathroom to shower, returning to the bedroom once he was dry and in clean underwear. He was open enough to share a bed with Tyler, he wasn't afraid of that. Just because he wasn't sure of where he was right now, didn't mean that he couldn't be himself around the other.

Slipping into a pair of lightweight, grey sweatpants, Isaac tied the loose ties at the front and decided to go without a shirt. There was one problem, though: he'd never been that good with words. He often found himself searching for things to say when he was around Tyler. He didn't even know much about his interests, what he did at work all day. Slipping onto the bed, on top of the covers, he settled himself against the pillow. "You know that you're all I have?" Isaac said quietly, watching himself laces one hand of his fingers with the other in his lap.
    jacq
    jacq
    Newcomer

Post by jacq Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Tyler made sure to put the leftovers in the fridge and scrubbed on the sauce pan in order to get the caked on sauce off the outside edge. The silence was sort of nice because he enjoyed just being near Isaac, and stealing little glances now and again. Sometimes he wished he could read the others' mind. Isaac was so quiet that it made Tyler that much more curious. That bit of mysteriousness that was evident in Isaac's demeanor.

He watched the other walk to the other room, then soon heard the shower turn on. Tyler finished straightening up their small apartment before moving back towards their room and was soon joined by Isaac again. Blue eyes lingered almost too long on pale skin, but with a slight blush he turned back to his own dresser and pulled out his own pajamas. He started for the bathroom with clothes in hand when Isaac spoke, and Tyler stopped mid-step.

Tyler turned back to look at Isaac and smiled a little before moving to sit on the edge of the bed. He didn't answer the question, because it really wasn't one that he wanted to answer. The answer made him sad for Isaac, but he reached over and put one of his hands on top of Isaac's laced hands, "And I won't leave you, Isaac...Never." he whispered with his usual small smile, but as usual it lit up his eyes when he did smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:48 pm