eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

eleven stories high

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hey mister... she's my sister. ;)

RingDaLing
    RingDaLing
    Newcomer

Hey mister... she's my sister. ;) Empty Hey mister... she's my sister. ;)

Post by RingDaLing Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Okay, hi!

My name’s Sam, but my nickname since birth has been Lizzy, I‘m unsure as to why. Um… I’m very awkward at introductions. Like, I struggle to put one word in front of another when I’m trying to tell people about myself, which is a bit of a pain to be honest.

Erm… I have a tendency to sit at my computer until about 5 in the morning, but so do most other role players out there, so that’s not much of as fact.

It irritates me that the majority of English-speaking role players in the world are from America. I’ve nothing major against the country, specifically, but it’s a pain in the ass being from somewhere like New Zealand with a completely different time zone, because nobody ever seems to be on at easy times like late evening.

When I’m not role playing I’m writing, sometimes poetry, sometimes prose. When I’m not role playing or writing, I’m drawing. I’ve been enthusiastically immersing myself in artwork and literature since the age of about ten, and I attend two extra-curricular art classes a week, as well as one creative writing workshop every Thursday night. My preferred artistic medium is charcoal, especially when combined with watercolour paints or pencils. My preferred subjects are people, though I usually draw them as angels or fairies. My favourite piece of artwork that I’ve seen to date ‘Thus Your Fairy Is Made Of Most Beautiful Things’, done by Sophie Anderson in the mid-Victorian era.

I adore mythology with a passion, especially that of Ancient Greece (and consequently, Rome). I especially love drawing or painting from mythology.

I’m a huge fan fiction buff, whether reading or writing it. For some reason I’m particularly obsessed with South Park FF atm, I’ve not the foggiest idea why.

Um… I’m just spouting off random, useless information. Sorry. I’m cursed with the inability to write about myself without it sounding stilted and strange x).

I use smilies excessively, and pride myself on my spelling.

I’m a firm believer in the notion that love has no gender, especially applied to my own personal world, and though I’m baptised Catholic I tend to have a more Spiritualist view on religion.

In my role plays, I love angst. Really good angst. And violence. And pretty much anything that makes me grit my teeth. I’ve never been a member of a forum before, and I’m not 100% sure how they work. I’ll get to figuring that out.

Uhh… I love classical music, especially from the baroque period, and I play the double bass, piano, guitar (classical, electric and acoustic) as well as singing. I’m also I big fan of Coldplay, Paolo Nutini, Matchbox Twenty, Radiohead, Matt Nathanson, Ingrid Michaelson and Jason Mraz. Drama is a huge part of my life, especially theatre sports (improvised drama). Think Whose Line Is It Anyway, but slightly more structured and techniqued.

I’m aspiring to become a pilot. I’m taking Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and Classical Studies as my options this year.

I’ve pretty much squeezed all the juice that I can out of my life, so I’ma stop babbling on about nothing now. xP

DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Hey mister... she's my sister. ;) Empty Re: Hey mister... she's my sister. ;)

Post by DanceInTheDark Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Sam! I'm Alex, the site's mod - welcome to ESH!

I used to be totally obsessed with mythology. I still think it's really fascinating, but I rarely get a chance to do much with it since I'm no good at art and I'm reading more modern things these days.

South Park FF, eh? I used to write a bit of South Park fanfiction over at fanfiction.net, but I kind of fell out of love with it over the summer. I guess I was like, "what's the point, I can't publish it since they're not my characters." But fanfiction is very useful for when the creators of the shows just don't seem to think Craig and Tweek would make a cute couple... XD

Classical music rocks! I play piano and violin and used to play in an orchestra. I'm looking to learn acoustic guitar sometime soon to kind of round it out.

Since you mentioned not knowing much about forums: this one is mostly one-on-ones. My advice is to head on over to the "roleplay search" boards and peruse the threads people have posted or post your own telling people what sort of roleplays you're looking for, you'll definitely find a few roleplaying partners that way. Then have at!
    saikami
    saikami
    Newcomer

Post by saikami Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Welcome, Sam! (: I'm Sai! Nice to meet you.

Matchbox Twenty and Coldplay are <3 And Physics was my favorite class in school 8D
    RingDaLing
    RingDaLing
    Newcomer

Post by RingDaLing Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks Alex. =)

Sai! Hallo. Yup, Physics is good fun. xP
    devil's trap
    devil's trap
    Newcomer

Post by devil's trap Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm

welcome. (: i'm emi. ^o^ sadly, i'm an american role-player, though for how much longer i'll be in this country is being debatable. i don't know whether to go to college in the states, or leave right after i graduate for europe. i'm still mulling over it.

piloting was always interesting to me, but i don't trust myself very much with a car, let alone a plane. so i board planes to ride, never to fly. haha.

south park fan fiction can either be horribly, horribly awful, or so great in a way that kind of makes me blink at my sanity. haha.

welcome to esh. w00t, w00t.

Last edited by devil's trap on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RingDaLing
    RingDaLing
    Newcomer

Post by RingDaLing Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm

=0 If I were you I'd totally choose Europe. That's just me though. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:26 pm