eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

eleven stories high

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends

DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Empty Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi, there. My name is Alex, and I'm a moderator here at ESH - so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

As you can probably tell (the username, the avatar, the title of this thread...) I'm somewhat addicted to Lady Gaga. Enjoy this random picture of her:

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Lady_gaga_21-290x222

It's from the Poker Face video. Oh, how I love it.

Now that that's out of the way, a bit about myself:

• I'm 19 years old, and a college student.
    • I love reading - I'm currently exploring "The Wind in the Willows" and loving it.
    • Music is a huge part of who I am - I've written some songs, which obviously aren't as good as what you'd hear on the radio, but it's just a hobby. I also play piano and violin and do a bit of singing. I hope to learn to play the guitar this summer.
    • With regards to roleplaying, I usually do modern genres of the m// variety. You can find a list of what I do here, but what I will say is that my favorites involve average people in regular situations - high school, boarding school, college, night clubs, etc. I do occasionally do Fandoms as well, including LOST, gLee (a new favorite), Les Miserables, CATS, Hawksong (another favorite), and some others - all depends on my mood.
    • My introductions are typically 700-1000 words in length. In case you were wondering.
    • Sometimes I like plotting/brainstorming/fleshing-out the roleplay ahead of time, and sometimes I just like going with the flow. Again, depends on my mood.

Hmm, I think that's about it for now. If there's anything you'd like to know, just ask! And of course, if you'd like to roleplay with me feel free to suggest something!

Last edited by DanceInTheDark on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vinny
    Vinny

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Empty Re: Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends

Post by Vinny Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Lady Gaga!
    She is utterly amazing.
    (And very pretty.)

The Star Wars thing you hit up in your application was beautiful. I really liked reading it. Maybe once upon a happy day, we could do a Star Wars thing? (If the answer is yes, would it be canon or originals?)

I just wanted to say I love Lady Gaga.
    Other than that, hello and welcome. xD
    DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Empty Re: Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Yes, Lady Gaga is amazing! Her new album is simply brilliant.

And thank you! I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to particularly like the Star Wars sample XD Again, it was written a while ago.

I would be happy to do a Star Wars roleplay with you! I haven't gotten the opportunity to do so in quite a while and I miss it. As for canons or originals, I usually only do original characters, but my mind can be easily changed; we'll have to do a bit of brainstorming!
    minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

Post by minusthecare Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:25 pm

ohh piano. jealous.
    i play the guitar myself. (:
    welcome, welcome.
    DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 pm

I'll gladly trade with you XD
    Thanks!
    Vinny
    Vinny

Post by Vinny Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Oho!
    Now I have to go listen to her. xD
    Thank you.

No problem~!
    (That scene in the movie made me cry. Well, that whole movie made me cry. xD)

Oh, that'd be awesome!
    Original characters would be fine with me. I'll go either way. xD
    I'll send you a message and we can do further into this.
    DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Haha I've been listening to her all day - I really need to get a hobby XD "He ate my heart and then he ate my brain..."

Yeah, I was so upset when they executed Order... 66? It's been a while, I don't remember the number XD Some of my favorite characters in the movie were the side character Jedi you never really meet, so when they all fell one by one I was like NOOOO!!!! AAYLAAAAAAA!!!!! (I named my pet hamster after her hahaha)

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Aayla
    Vinny
    Vinny

Post by Vinny Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:22 pm

xDD

Yea, Order 66.
    Same here, I thought that planet was so pretty and then BOOM, I didn't like it anymore. xD
    It was so sad, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Kit Fisto were two of my favorites. I couldn't believe they died they so fast.
    DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm

I know, but they were betrayed and not expecting it Sad Another of my favorites, Shaak Ti, was decapitated while meditating, but I think they decided to take that scene out.

Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked-up friends Shaak_11

I think Aayla and Kit were romantically involved at one point... or maybe I just read that in a fanfiction somewhere XD

I remember when they announced they were gonna make a TV show that took place after Episode III, and rumors started swirling over which jedi, if any, survived (because otherwise who would be the main character? XD) I never actually watched so I don't know the answer to that question...
    Vinny
    Vinny

Post by Vinny Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Well Ki-Adi-Mundi was, Kit Fisto was like owned by the Chanceller. (..in a bad way. D: )

I was glad, I didn't want it. Shaak Ti was /awesome/.

They were. They looked so cute. <3
    They were close but because of both of them devoted to the Jedi, they didn't go any father than close friends. Methinks, anyway. xD

I don't remember that. My brother is all up-to-date on all the Star Wars junk. I just wait for him to tell me and then I get all excited about it. xD
    DanceInTheDark
    DanceInTheDark
    Newcomer

Post by DanceInTheDark Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Oh right, I forgot Kit was one of the ones who went to the Chancellor's office to arrest him. Yeahhh that didn't go so well. Most of them were completely blind-sided though. Stupid Anakin *pouts*

I haven't really concentrated on Star Wars since... well, since I wrote that writing sample you read XD It was my life when the new movies were coming out, though. I wrote a short fanfiction about Aayla and Kit one time. =D
    Vinny
    Vinny

Post by Vinny Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I blame his father-complex.

Aha!
    Yeah, same here.
    Aw! I think they're very cute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:59 am