eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eleven stories high

Hello and welcome to eleven stories high. Please login to continue.

eleven stories high

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About ESH

minusthecare
    minusthecare
    Super Administrator

About ESH Empty About ESH

Post by minusthecare Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

About ESH Welcomeone

As you may have already established (as if we could make it any clearer!), Eleven Stories High is a forever-expanding, literate to advanced roleplaying forum where the members are enthusiastic; we are a community. The aim of ESH is to unite all those slash roleplayers out there searching for something new, something different, and here at ESH, where the atmosphere is as casual and relaxed as it gets, we can provide that for you.

but, why ESH?

"The name was pretty much random; I wanted to capture a concept. I was not inspired by lyrics, prose, poetry or anything, really. I just spoke a few lines out loud and decided to go with whatever sounded right. At first, it was going to be Seven Stories High, but it wasn't feeling right. I have no idea why I chose to go with Eleven in the end, but it all seemed to fit nicely. Eventually, I was pleased. I didn't think amy of the other ideas that I had fit. I also knew that with such an open-ended name, the layouts and the graphics of the site could be so many things. The first ever layout however was actually based around buildings, which makes complete sense. But after a while I decided that it was far too literal, and scanned deviantART like a mad man to find something that I know would settle nicely."

esh in the making.

The founder of ESH (yours truly) was motivated to create the forum by the negativity that seemed to cloud most literate/advanced forums out there. Many argue the true meanings of the terms 'literate' and 'advanced'.

Literate; the ability to read and write.
    Advanced; ahead in development.

Despite how much we all use these terms, we're never exactly sure what they mean. Here at ESH, we don't follow said terms strictly, but simply use them as a foundation of what we expect. As well as general knowledge of grammar and appropriate use of punctuation, creativity is also greatly encouraged here. Everyone should have their own individual flair when writing. You will meet a great deal of roleplayers where, between them all, writing styles vary dramatically. The Roleplay Search board is there to ensure that you can discover the right partner for you, and our many roleplaying boards mean that whatever you play, there's always a the right board.

the purpose.

Eleven Stories High is brand new, full of life and can be exciting once you're settled. Our members are nothing but friendly, the admins and moderators just as much, and the layouts shall always be pleasing to the eye. It's easy to navigate through, and there's guaranteed to be someone you can talk to if ever you need help with finding where everything is.

other info.

applications/audtions.
    What do we expect?

creativity, flair, individuality...

Just make them interesting! We want to see how you write, not how you think you should write. Depending on your work, we can judge whether or not we think you're right for ESH. Auditions are not to pick and pull apart your writing; that's not what we're here to do. We're writers, and therefore we work together to help improve on what we recognise as our weaknesses; to encourage, support and share what we love.

Writing samples are wanted so that we can see your recent work. I understand that not every roleplayer has time to do extra writing on the side, for whatever reason (I myself doesn't do a great deal of on-the-side writing, as I just don't have the time for it). That doesn't matter so much, though, but you must have something. Even if it's something you've used for school, an essay...

An intro sample is obviously something that you'd use to start of a roleplay. Not onlyis this for us, but for the other members too who can view your writing and judge whether or not your styles will match. Quite honestly, we're pretty flexible with grammar mistakes and a slight missuse of punctuation, but only because we expect that here you shall improve over time.

the writer's corner

We encourage all members to take part in this section. The writing prompts are for exercise that all writers need now and then to brush up on their skills. They help you to become more aware when writing, which then makes the outcome of whatever it is you happen to produce more believable. By doing regular writing prompts, you can improve on your grammar skils, use of punctuation and character development. You will be able to take the idea of everyday things and turn it into creative writing. Give it a go, you might even surprise yourself!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 am